We plan to invite the most experienced leucaena scientists and farmers to give plenary and keynote presentations at the conference.
We plan also to invite abstracts from all those wishing to attend, and from those submissions, invitations will be issued for keynote presentations and poster papers.
Topics to be covered at the conference
- Introduction and background
- Leucaena germplasm and diversity
- Management of plants (planting density and legume-grass balance; nutritional requirements; height management)
- Management of animals (nutrition and animal production; grazing and cutting management; silage and green chop feeding)
- Alternative uses of leucaena (timber and paper pulp, medicinal and anthelmintic uses, other)
- Environment (GHG implications. biomass for C sequestration, and methane reduction; soil quality improvement; biodiversity and animal welfare; weed leucaena: significance, implications and control)
- Adoption and economics of cattle fattening from leucaena
- Case studies of leucaena feeding systems in Australia, Indonesia, Colombia, Mexico, and elsewhere
- Bioenergy and other emerging leucaena production systems
- What next? – priorities and future activities.