We plan to invite the most experienced leucaena scientists, extension workers and farmers to give plenary and keynote presentations at the conference. However, submissions are invited from all those working with leucaena who have an interesting general interest story to relate. See Submission of Papers Tab.
Topics to be covered at the conference
- Introduction and background
- Leucaena germplasm and diversity
- Management of plants (planting density and legume-grass balance; nutritional requirements; height management)
- Management of animals (nutrition and animal production; grazing and cutting management; silage and green chop feeding)
- Alternative uses of leucaena (timber and paper pulp, medicinal and anthelmintic uses, other)
- Environment (GHG implications. biomass for C sequestration, and methane reduction; soil quality improvement; biodiversity and animal welfare; weed leucaena: significance, implications and control)
- Adoption and economics of cattle fattening from leucaena
- Case studies of leucaena feeding systems in Australia, Indonesia, Colombia, Mexico, and elsewhere
- Bioenergy and other emerging leucaena production systems
- What next? – priorities and future activities.